Kate in the Kitchen

Food talk, delicious ramblings and the evocative fare of a passionate cook

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

There's a first time for everything....

.....and that includes foods, blogs, rites of passage and the usual oddities of day to day life. It's all about food in my world, and it's a world to share with others, hence this blog which has rotated around in my mind for many days. How to express the utter delight and fanatical bliss that comes when you open your mouth and fill it with an exquisite and delectable goodie? Where can we be transported when an aroma, a flavor or a food memory floods us with nostalgia, bringing us in lightning steps from present day back to a cherished childhood memory? How is it that one recipe prepared by five different cooks can yield five very different, and sometimes amazing (and sometimes NOT) results? Why is it, with multitudes of fabulous food choices, do people still insist on eating bad food? Let's educate! Let's talk food! Let's get off our duffs and go find something amazing to eat, something soothing to savor or tintillating to taste! And then let's talk about it!! I'll start and you can listen, or vocalize or share whatever you like. I have extensive knowledge and training about food, so ask me a question about food that you want to know and I will do my best to answer. I'll learn the answer if I don't know, and will never blow any smoke in your general direction. Along the way I'll share my food thoughts on many, many topics of interest. I'll try to make it funny, I'll do what I can to make you think, and hopefully along the way you'll get hungry and try something new. That's what it's all about.....like the title says

Life is too short to eat bad food......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home